CodeIgniter is an Open Source Website Application Development Framework .This is for those who build web sites using PHP. It enables you to develop projects much faster than you can do,If you were writing code from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. CodeIgniter lets you creatively focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task.It means that it takes less time to develop a professional project with CodeIgniter framework.
Is CodeIgniter Right For You?
CI is right for you if you want:
- A framework with a small footprint.
- Exceptional performance.
- Broad compatibility with standard hosting accounts that run a variety of PHP versions and configurations.
- A framework that requires nearly zero configuration.
- A framework that does not require you to use the command line.
- A framework that does not require you to adhere to restrictive coding rules.
- You do not want to be forced to learn a templating language (although a template parser is optionally available if you desire one).
- Favoring simple solutions.
- A clear, thorough documentation.
- CI is easy to learn, adopt and deploy.
- Easy handling and customizing.
- CI Offers flexibility and easy management With MVC based framework.
- Active Record Implementation is simply superb and easy to remember.
- Provides easier configuration and customization of configuration files.
- CI facilitates easy working with a variety of developers.
- CI has outstanding collection of libraries.
- Impressive documentation of the user guide, that makes it easy for anyone who want to deploy.
- CI Enables to include its own existing scripts as well as develop core libraries for the system.
- CI is lightweight and extensive.
- CI’s PHP based only and not very object-oriented in some parts
- CI has PHP4 legacy code.
- CI is company-driven instead of community-driven.
- Its irregular releases.
- Framework itself has no built-in ORM(Object-Role-Modeling).